Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Production Blog 3 : I Made A Dress

 


Greetings Girlies,

Yes, I have done it again! Do you really think I was going to go this entire project without making at least ONE piece of garment?!

It was the night before I went out to film in Miami. Although I had filmed other scenes in a….suitable dress, I just knew it wasn’t going to make the cut this time. So, out my bead I went to grab some fabric I had bought months ago for a self project. I laid out the 2 yards of crinkle cotton fabric and thought about what I wanted the dress to look like. Since I had a lot of fabric, I decided to make it extra flows. I began drafting my patterns, which was fairly simply. I cut out all the pieces I need and began threading my machine. It was a blessing that the entire garment was one color, changing threads ever so often can be stressful. It was around 2:00 in the morning and I was around half way finished with the dress. The straps were spaghetti straps and this is almost, every sew it’s nightmare! Why you ask? Because they are devilishly hard to turn 😢. After that whole ordeal I finally attached the straps, sewed on my pockets and finally,

….. I was done.


It was 6:30 am and I need to t leave the house by 7:00am. After all those trials and efforts you would never believe that I ….never wore the dress. It was beautiful of course but in the end I wasn’t “feeling the vibe”  the dress was more suitable for a day on the beach or chilling on a watch but not for walking the entirety of Miami Design District. 




Especially, because the back was very low, it would require me to wear a t shirt underneath, which threw off the whole look. I sighed and said to myself “at least I got it done.”

That’s all for now girlies. Toodles.


Your Fashionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR BLOG

  MY CCR split into 2 parts because it was easier to upload this way. PART 1 PART 2