Sunday, February 25, 2024

Music Blog

 



Hello Girlies,


Alas, nothing really went as planned with this one. Originally, I had wanted to use the song Caribbean Blue by Enya, however, I forgot that this project would require me to ask permission to use this audio. I hadn’t really been focusing too much on the music but now it’s too late to ask for permission. What to do you ask? I’d like to introduce you to my little friend, royalty free music. The problem is the right music, is extremely, hard to find. I spent hours scrolling through YouTube listening to what sounds like the same royalty free LoFi music. It was hard to find anything that sounded unique or stood out to me. No sound fit the vibe of my film and the ones that did I would have to buy a subscription. (Does anyone see my dying trial 😣)




Back to YouTube I went! This time I searched up vintage French music. I found a couple of pieces that I liked. One of the being a remix of La Vie En Rose. I was also, thinking to overlay an audio of the poem “Spanish Needle” by Claude McKay. It should be okay to use because the author died over 70 years ago.

I want to use this poem because of the meaning, the author reflecting on his childhood through a tribute to the Spanish needle flower. It would add a whimsical feeling to the intro. Aside from these, I was thinking of also, incorporating some old classical pieces. A few such as, symphony N.5 and Fur Elise. These pieces should add intensity or build excitement, especially, for scenes where the girl is running or walking through the city. I will be editing these tracks to suit the atmosphere of the film. Possibly, by adding a vintage vinyl or record effect along with some glitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR BLOG

  MY CCR split into 2 parts because it was easier to upload this way. PART 1 PART 2