Saturday, February 24, 2024

Editing Blog 2

 


Howdy Do Girlies,


Have you ever Cringed so hard at a video of yourself? Yes?! Cause me too!

After editing all the fun scenes, it was time for the hard part. The mirror scene. I started off by of course, inserting all the clips that made met my criteria. For these scenes, the internal dialogue is going to be a voice over. The words will match the expressions of the girl and her reflection. Why do it like this you ask? I believe this helps to highlight that feeling of disassociation and psychotic nature. I mean the girl is having a full on conversation with her reflection! So, why not take the extra step to make it creepier!

After recording the voice over, I went and edited all the lines for the reflection. I used an echo effect for her voice to show she isn’t really apart of the real world.  The visuals on the other hand, using a cold or bluish filter, to add to the eerie atmosphere. Some scenes I had to take clips of the camera facing me, remove the background and then place myself in the mirror to act as the reflection. (Lol I say this as though we aren’t the same person)




All in all it was just a very interesting scene and I love the suspense and uncanny valley effect it has on the film. Finally, I edited in all the title scenes. First I created them by going into procreate and screen recording me using the watercolor brush. I used a splash of different colors to represent the different themes of the movie. I then took the old, picture of the title designs, placed it as an overlay and added a zoom in effect and a fade in effect. The title sequence is placed in the first couple of seconds in the intros like little cut / break throughs.






Well that is that, I will catch you in the next one my lovelies.








No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR BLOG

  MY CCR split into 2 parts because it was easier to upload this way. PART 1 PART 2