Friday, February 23, 2024

Editing Blog 1

 



Greetings Girlies,


After all that hectic filming, it’s time for editing! I started off with the easiest scenes which were all the ones in Design District and the flower field. As usual I am using Capcut for all the editing for this project. I imported all the videos into CapCut and began my work. First I muted all the audio from the videos. Then I added filters. I wanted the town/mall scene to be brighter and more whimsical than other scenes. I added a light pink filter over these videos and increased the saturation to get more vibrant colors. I also, added effects such as sunlights or hazy views to give it a more dream like feel. For the over the shoulder running scene, I slowed it down and increased the brightness. I also, added more motion blur to exaggerate the whimsical atmosphere. I used jump cut on the scenes where we can see the girl running from an eye level view. This part is in slow motion for most of the scene but just before the cut i speed up the video to have this fast forward look.



Moving along it was time to edit the flower field scene. The grass was looking a little dull in the video so I used the bright filter and increased the saturation, so it looked more healthy and vibrant. The long shot wolf the girl sleeping was good, however there bits of things I wanted to take. I cropped it to remove any unnecessary things in the background. Then I added a zoom effect, for suspense. Alongside this, i inserted a gradual tilt to the right. I did similar things for the short playground scene. Increased the saturation to portray that childlike setting and added a camcorder effect for this vintage, cinematic look.

All of these scenes were then put together and alternated according to the story board. Some scenes I used a fade out effect or bright light effect for the transitions, while others it immediately just cuts to the other scene. This highlights the dream state that we all experience, random jumps and collage of one dream state to the next.



That’s all for now !



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR BLOG

  MY CCR split into 2 parts because it was easier to upload this way. PART 1 PART 2